Our recent weather may have you wondering why we are talking about air conditioning systems, but like it or not, warmer weather is only a few short months away. And when it hits, you’ll be grateful for a fully functioning, efficient AC system.
Of course, an air conditioner can only work as efficiently as it’s meant to with quality Gig Harbor, WA air conditioning maintenance. If you haven’t scheduled your annual tune-up yet—or biannual if you have a ground-source heat pump—then now is the time to do so, before your air conditioner’s heaviest period of use.
The Importance of Professional AC Maintenance
It may not stay warm for long here in Washington. However, that is even more of a reason to check on your air conditioner regularly each year. Even the shortest heat wave can leave you very uncomfortable if your air conditioner unexpectedly quits on you. Aside from avoiding an emergency such as this, here are some additional benefits of investing in routine maintenance.
- Reduced Repair Needs: During your maintenance appointment, our technicians will fully inspect every component of your home’s AC system. They’ll look for small problems and issues that may be cropping up and alert you so you may address them before they become larger emergencies. This might be anything from an air filter that is starting to clog to something more serious, like a leaky compressor or a worn down fan motor.
- Improved Efficiency: When your AC system is cleaned and adjusted as it should be, any small problems that may have developed into bigger issues will be eliminated, and your cooling system won’t have to work as hard to do its job—helping it to work more efficiently and saving you money month-to-month.
- Longer Lifespan: Over time, even the smallest of AC problems can take a toll on the system, eventually leading to full system failure years before the AC should have quit on you. Investing in routine maintenance helps you extend the life of your equipment and avoid replacement for as long as possible.
What Can You Expect?
We can sit here all day and talk to you about the benefits of maintenance, but understandably you may want to know exactly what’s being done during this service. Cooling system inspections and adjustments include:
- Adjusting and cleaning the blower component so that your cooling system can effectively distribute conditioned air throughout your living space—helping you avoid problems with uneven cooling.
- Lubricating moving parts to prevent them from accumulating wear and tear, and to reduce the friction that can cause them to break down faster.
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure system safety. Your system’s voltage and current are also measured.
- Checking refrigerant levels to make sure you aren’t experiencing a leak. Your cooling system is—ideally—supplied with enough refrigerant upon installation to last the entire lifecycle of the system. So if you’re losing any, it means you have a leak and the source of the leak needs to be fixed.
- Checking system controls to ensure your AC can start up, run, and shut down as it is supposed to.