The electrical system in your home is designed to last for a long time, but not forever. Eventually, your electrical system does need to be upgraded and replaced. If you live in an older home or experiencing any electrical problems, you may be wondering if an electrical system upgrade is in your future.
It’s daunting to think about overhauling all of the electrical components in your home, but sometimes it’s necessary. The good news is, it may not be as big of an ordeal as you’re thinking, especially when you have a team of experts getting the job done. If you need electrical wiring and rewiring in Puyallup, WA, our team is here to help. Here are the signs that indicate you need electrical rewiring in your home.
If your home is at least 50 years old, that’s the number one indication that it needs to be rewired. 50 years ago, we didn’t have nearly as much technology as we do today. And those technological demands are putting a strain on your home’s electrical system, whether you know it or not. These demands can increase the risk of an electrical fire in your home, and in fact, outdated wiring is the cause of about one in ten residential fires.
If your home was built between the years 1965 and 1973, you may have aluminum wiring. This particular type of wiring can increase your chances of an electrical fire. If nothing else, you should at least schedule an inspection of your home so that you know what type of wiring your home has, and whether or not it needs to be replaced. Our team can give you an idea of how much rewiring would cost so that you can begin planning for it.
If you notice lights in your home flickering frequently, that’s a problem. You may just think it’s a silly quirk, and you may not even notice it anymore if you’re really used to it. But flickering lights can be a very serious problem because they indicate loose electrical connections. If the problem is with a single light, it may be an easier fix, but if lights all around your home are flickering, you definitely want to schedule a whole home electrical inspection.
If you notice the faint smell of burning without a source, that’s a big problem. Old or faulty wires can lead to an electrical short. This can create sparks, and sparks can lead to fires. Even if you haven’t had a fire yet, it doesn’t mean it’s not a possibility.
You may not be able to see any visible signs within the walls of your home, but inside those walls, you may have a big problem. By the time you notice other signs such as discolored outlets or discolored switches, the damage has spread to a dangerous point. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
If you can’t microwave a meal or blow dry your hair without tripping a circuit breaker, that’s a problem. Even if you work around it by using other outlets, it’s still a problem that needs to be addressed. Circuit breakers are being tripped because your home cannot handle the power surge from the number of electrical items you’re using at a time. It may just seem like an inconvenience, but it can actually indicate that your wiring is outdated based on your electrical needs.
Contact Sound Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. today to schedule an appointment! We take your comfort as seriously as you do.